Monday 30 May 2011

Review: Marie Veronique Organics Anti Aging Oil Plus

Marie Veronique Organics Anti Aging Oil Plus 30ml USD 80

As I have shared earlier, this week, I am going to do my reviews on Marie Veronique Organics skincare and kicking start the reviews is the Anti Aging Oil Plus. This brand may be unfamiliar to some of us in Malaysia because their products are only sold online and are not available at our current retail stores. The reason why they have chosen to sell direct to their customers via their on-line store is because they want to offer the very best products at the lowest possible prices. One of the things that attracted me to this line is that MVO products are hand crafted in a small lab in Berkeley, California.



 A little bit about MVO that is taken from their website

"Intelligent Ingredients" is more than just a tagline. It’s the overriding principle that guides every formulation at Marie Veronique Organics. That’s because science tells us that what goes on your skin ultimately penetrates your skin and goes into your body. The right ingredients can do a world of good and the wrong ones quite the opposite. Before an ingredient gets added to a product we make sure it does the right thing, efficiently and without causing harm to you or the planet. It’s probably no surprise that our entire company is dedicated to sustainability. Wherever possible we use natural, organic and fair trade ingredients, packaged in 100% recyclable materials. And we source them as close to our Berkeley headquarters as possible to keep our footprint super small.
  
No toxins. Not ever. At MVO what we put in our products is as important as what we don’t. You won’t find toxins, petroleum-based products, nanoparticles, or anything else that’s potentially harmful. We don’t need those ingredients to make your skin look and feel younger.

Anti Aging Oil Plus Background


  • Combats aging with the most powerful oils, including argan, grapeseed and evening primrose


  • Provides the ultimate protection and repair of the lipid barrier with essential fatty acids from emu, krill and kiwi seed




  • Seals in moisture and leaves the skin supple, smooth and more refined



  • Prevents moisture loss and dehydration

  • Ingredients:
    No harmful chemicals, no waxes that can clog pores, no water that can evaporate and dry out your skin, and no nut oils that can go rancid with UV exposure.

    Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba oil), Vitus viniferi (grapeseed oil, expeller-pressed), Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam seed oil), Prunus armeniaca (apricot kernel oil), Borago officinalis (borage oil), Argania spinosa (argan oil), emu oil, Rubus fruticosus (blackberry seed oil), Oenotherus biennis (evening primrose oil), Rosa rubignosa (rosehip seed oil), Sclerocarya birrea (marula oil), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rubus idaeus (black raspberry seed oil), Hippophae rhamnoides (sea buckthorn oil), Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu oil), Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry seed oil), Actinidia deliciosa (kiwi seed oil), Rosemary oleoresin, lecithin, lycopene, Euphasia superba (krill oil), Daucus carota (carrot seed) essential oil, Lavendula angustfolia (lavender) essential oil, Helichrysum italicum (helichrysum) essential oil, Rosa centifolia (rose absolute) essential oil, Citrus aurantium bigaradia (neroli) essential oil

    My Experience

    The oil comes in a brown apothecary style bottle with a pump. The oil is slightly thick but once I use it on my face, it glides rather easily and I usually would massage the oil slowly till all the goodness of the oil is fully absorbed. I find that it is easily applied when your face is slightly damp, preferably after your toner or mist.

    1st week: At night, I use 2 pumps because my face is really dehydrated at that time. I would then follow up with my lightening serum and my moisturiser. Yes, it does seems like I have applied a lot but I would usually find that my face becomes slightly dry again close to midnight. However, I did wake up with a much hydrated and rested skin. In the day, I only use 1 pump, followed by my moisturiser and my facescreen.

    2nd week: I continued with 2 pumps at night and 1 pump in the day. My skin is definately more hydrated and comfortable, no tight feeling at all. One of the main changes I see is that my pores got smaller and less visible!

    3rd week: I noticed that my face seemed to be back to normal, hydration level is well balanced. This week, I incorporated my Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster beneath the oil during the day. This improves the hydration a lot and my skin feel supple throughout the day. At night, I only need to use a single pump instead of two.

    4th week: My skin is definately more hydrated, more refined with a healthy pinkish glow. My husband and my beautician notices it too! My blackheads around my nose area is easily removed because of the hydration. Because of the boost in hydration, I only need to use 1 pump at night( I occasionally mix in a drop or two of rosehip oil ) and 1 pump in the day. At times, I can just get away without using my moisturiser and my face still feels comfortable and hydrated. Should I need it, I only need to use a dot of moisturiser instead of my normal 10cent size.

    I have taken pictures weekly, just to see the progress of my skin condition.

    
    Overall

    I give this product a rating of 5 out of 5. This product works very well on my skin and it delivered what it promised, seals in moisture and leaves the skin supple, smooth and well refined. My skin now is well balanced, pores are less visible and it is not dull as it used to. Even though it's only a month that I have been using this product, I am very happy with the results it has given. I will definately repurchase once I am done with this bottle!
    * After 1 month of usage, my bottle is 3/4 full.

    This item was purchased by me for my personal purposes. This review is based on my honest and personal experience with this product and is not influenced by any parties.

    2 comments:

    1. Wow! Looking at the photos, the improvement looks quite dramatic. :) Thanks for the detailed weekly reviews. I think we have almost similar skin conditions (based from one of your intro posts) so hopefully, the AA oil will do my skin wonders, too. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Vivi! Yes,changes are rather dramatic and you will not regret buying this one...it's a keeper! One tip, I used rosehip oil with this and it acts as a double booster. Keep my face supple.

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...