Friday 20 May 2011

Review: DIY Mask with Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion

Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion 170ml RM40.90
Selena Big Size Cottan Pads( 60mm x 80 mm ) 80pcs RM18.90

I am pretty sure many of us have heard of this much raved "one drop locks up an ocean"product and I won't go into the details of the said product. Instead, I am going to talk about the DIY mask that I use weekly with this product. Using the lotion as recommended didn't really perform well for me. Yes, I did feel the instant 'toink-toink' effect, but that's about it. It didn't really give me the long term moisturizing that my skin needed. I feel it's a bit of a waste to discard the whole bottle and I might as well use it for something else.
As I was searching for alternative usage of this lotion, I came across Viva Woman ( one of my favourite blog ) which she uses it as a DIY mask. This technique is introduced by Chizu Saeki, one of Japan's leading beauty expert and author of her book The Japanese Skincare Revolution. After watching the demo clip, I am all prepared to try this at home.


My Experience

On my first trial, I decide to use my existing cotton pads to see if it works. I used about 5 cotton pads, which needed to be separated into two for my whole face. It didn't really provide full coverage on my face because the normal cotton pads can't be stretched like Chizu Saeki's ones. However, after leaving it for 3 minutes, the mini mask did give hydration to my skin and I liked it. So I have decided to search for bigger cotton pads for me to enjoy this lotion mask entirely. I also read that many couldn't find the bigger ones and just resort to using either the face sheet mask or the medium sized cotton pads available in the market.

But lo and behold, I stumbled across the same cotton pads as Chizu Saeki's in Sasa and I will be crazy if I won't buy them! The cotton pads are rather pricey but I know I had to get them anyway. On my second trial, I used my new bigger sized cotton pads and yes....it stretched exactly like Chizu Saeki's ones!! I was sooo happy to see the stretch and manage to cover my face with it, just like the demo.

The effect? Good! I am pleased with the hydration results and glad that it covered almost my entire face.

Overall

I would say this is a good mask to do at least 2-3 times weekly so that our face will remain supple and hydrated. This method is especially good for woman with dry skin like mine and this is a much cheaper alternative than the normal conventional mask. It is a very simple, fuss free method that just take 5 minutes of your time with 3 simple ingredients. I believe with prolonged use, we will be able to acheive a radiant, supple and healthy skin just like Chizu Saeki ( even at her age ).

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, excellent... Thanks for the heads up on the cotton pads. I need to get a box too :-) I have the same issues with the HL SHA lotion, so I'm glad it doesn't have to go to waste now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, its really a waste to throw it out so this method is a good alternative usage. Hope you will be able to get the cotton pads :) You will be able to find it at bigger Sasa's outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omG ... i had been wasting my HL down the drain all this while! I had been soaking the cotton pads with only HL .. what a waste! thank u very much for the tip... i m also gona finish up all my cotton pads, i have mountains of it.. cant seem to finish them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha...you are welcomed. For better results, it's better to use the big sized cotton pads for maximum coverage rather than the normal ones though. It's a good investment:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...