Wednesday 1 June 2011

Review: Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster

Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Booster 30 ml ( Price Unavailable )

I was an avid Dermalogica user for many years until I decided to make a new haul in my skincare products recently when I encountered some problems with my skin . What was frustrating to me is that I've used most of their recommended range and my skin hasn't improved...yet. Probably, the SA's has been recommending me the wrong products all along *gasp*. Well, among the products which I have used, some are good keepers for me, for example the Skin Hydrating Masque and this booster which I am going to talk about.



Background of Product

An intensive hydrating fluid that revitalizes parched skin. Hydrates, smoothes and minimizes fine lines with a concentrated blend of Hyaluronic Acid, Panthenol, Glycolipids and Algae Extract to restore moisture balance. Contains no artificial fragrance or color. Recommended for all skin conditions.

Ingredients

Water( Aqua ), Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Panthenol, Extracts of: Melissa Officinalis Leaf, Chlorella Vulgaris; Lavandula Augustifolia( Lavender ) Oil, Sea Water, Glycolipids, Hydrolyzed Algin, Linalool, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben.

Skin Deep Safety Rating: 3 ( Moderate Hazard ) In layman terms,  it's safe. Anything from 7-10 is considered high hazard.

 My Experience

I started using this booster 2 years back in conjuntion with my 'then' toner and moisturizer. I would say that this booster is more of a serum, it's liquidy and transparent. After my toner, I just need 2 drops of this serum for my face. It's rather easy to apply as it glides gently on your face. You will feel slight stickyness ( the same feeling after you apply the famed Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion ) after a few minutes. I love this serum because it always plump up my skin and keep it well hydrated. If I use this at night, I would always looked well rested in the morning and my cheeks remained soft and plump.

Many would know that I am currently using my Marie Veronique Organics skincare and I am absolutely loving it to bits! Though the Anti Aging Oil itself keeps my skin moisturized enough, I decide to incorporate this hydrating booster( during the day ), which contains the essential Hyaluronic Acid, beneath the oil and see how the results fare. Yes, not only my skin is moisturized by the oil, my skin remained plumped up throughout the day, thanks to the booster! I am happy to say that I don't need to apply my moisturizer on top anymore, my suncreen is sufficient enough. 

Overall

I can't stress enough on the importance of using Hyaluronic Acid especially for dry, dehydrated skin type like mine. I am happy to be able to find this booster, which does the job of hydrating and plumping up my skin. I like it that it balances out my skin too. Therefore, I give this product a 4 out of 5. However, I must add that Dermalogica products don't come cheap in Malaysia and it would be better to buy it online on places like Strawberry Net, which is much cheaper.

This item was purchased by me for my personal purposes. This review is based on my honest and personal experience with this product and is not influenced by any parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...