Wednesday 27 April 2011

Trying out my new skincare regime



Sometimes, I am curious to know the daily skincare routine of other girls. Others would keep it simple yet obtain flawless skin. Others would have loads of products but still complain that it's not good enough. Now, I wonder if mine is complicated? After months of unsatisfactory results of my skin condition, I have decided to improve my daily skincare regime with a few add ons. As said, I am currently in my journey of discovering new products that hopefully, will reap good benefits for me. Here's a peak to my daily routine.

Day
Old routine: Cleanse: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser > Toner: Age Smart Antioxidant Hydramist > Booster: Dermalogica Hydrating Booster > Moisturise: Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance > Protect: Solar Defense Booster Spf30
New routine: Cleanse: Occasionally rinse with tepid water or use Ultracalming Cleanser if skin is slightly oily at T-zone > Toner: Dermalogica Multi Active Toner > Moisturise: Marie Veronique Anti Aging Oil+ > Protect: Marie Veronique Moisturising Facescreen Spf30.

Why: Cleanse : In the morning, I occasionally rinse with tepid water because I find out that cleansers that uses surfactants actually strip the skin of its environmental protective barrier, exposing it to damage from the elements.
Toner: I find that Dermalogica Multi Active Toner is more suited to my skin( and my wallet too ). However, I am thinking to change to Marie Veronique Anti Aging Mist once I am done with this bottle.
Moisturise: The anti aging oil plus works well as a base for me with the facescreen. However, the facescreen may be a little drying for me, so I use my existing moisturiser beneath it.
Protect: My previous facescreen contains Oxybenzone, which is a hazardous ingredient, according to EWG standards. Marie Veronique Facescreen is one of the safest in the world.

Night
Old routine: Cleanse: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser > Toner: Age Smart Antioxidant Hydramist > Oil: Bioxil Calming Face Oil > Moisturise: Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance
New routine: Cleanse: Double Cleanse with Madara Delicate Cleansing Milk and Ultracalming Cleanser > Toner: Dermalogica Multi Active Toner > Moisturise: Marie Veronique Anti Aging Oil+ > Repair: Marie Veronique Skin Lightening Serum. Eye: Marie Veronique Eye Serum

Why: Cleanse : I double cleanse now to remove daily dirt, oil and facescreen.
Toner: As said, to use my existing one before changing to Marie Veronique's Anti Aging Mist.
Moisturise: The previous oil that I've used, did not give me any benefits AT ALL to my face. The only thing it does is smelling good. MV Anti Aging Oil on the other hand, really give me the hydration I so needed for my skin that others can't perform. Plus, the oils are so beneficial for any skin type.
Repair: I have new pigmentation on my cheeks that I needed to address, so this is what I need now. You may see that I added an eye serum to my routine. My eye area is in need of loving now.

Special Care ( Twice/ Three times a week )
Old routine: Exfoliate: Aesop Tea Tree Leaf Facial Exfoliant > Masque: Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque
New routine: Exfoliate: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant > Masque: Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque

Why: Exfoliant : The new exfoliant works better for my skin and I do see improvements. Read my preview HERE 
Masque: This is one of the best masque I've used and it really suits my skin. Read my preview HERE 

 I will be updating new improvements from time to time and also will review the new products soon. So keep tuned in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...