Thursday 28 April 2011

Review Buds for Kids Lavender Shower Gel

Buds for Kids Lavender Shower Gel 250ml RM25.90

My staple shower gel has always been either Johnson and Johnson's or Dettol. My husband can't live without his Dettol's Shower Gel, seriously! Me, on the other hand, is more prone to sensitive skin and my skin is really dry after using Dettol.( It makes my hands dry too ) As I am in the midst of changing some products to using more natural ingredients or low in irritants, I found this in Justlife store at IPC. This is the sister brand to the up and coming brand called Esmeria. I chose Lavender, rather than the Orange one as I like something that is more relaxing. Here are the ingredients and benefits, taken from their site:

Ingredients
Aqua/water, aloe barbedensis leaf juice*( Soothes and hydrates skin ), decyl glucoside( Very mild cleanser ), sodium lauroyl glutamate( Very mild plant protene cleanser ), xanthan gum ( Thickens the product ),  lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil* ( To fragrance the product ), sodium benzoate( synthetic-Preservatives ), potassium sorbate ( synthetic-Preservatives ), tocopherol ( Natural Vit E to soften and smooth the skin ), helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil ( To calm and care for the skin )
*Ingredients from Organic Farming

99.4% of the total ingredients are from Natural Origin
10.1% of the total ingredients are from Organic Farming
99.9% of the plant ingredients are from Organic Farming
Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE according to ECOCERT Standard available at http://cosmetics.ecocert.com


My Experience
I have been using this for 1 1/2 weeks now and I can say I rather like it. The shower gel is transparent and not thick, and it smells wonderfully lavender-ish. It lathers quite well, not foamy, and it certainly cleans my skin well. The best thing is that it is not drying to my skin. However, the downside of this shower gel is that the lavender smell doesn't linger on once it's rinsed off. ( I would like it very much if I could smell the lovely lavender scent on me.) Other than that, this shower gel does a pretty decent job.

Overall
I give this product a rating of 4 out of 5. I like it because it's mild and it cleanses well, without drying my skin. Personally, I feel the price is slightly above average for a line that is created for kids and based on the quantity given. But then again, they are ECO certified and that may be the reason for their pricing range. As said, the minus point is that the lavender smell doesn't last once it's rinsed. I certainly hope that they could improve on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...