Monday 18 April 2011

Review: LAKME k.therapy peeling shampoo

Lakme K.Therapy Peeling Shampoo 300ml RM 66

As you age, your body will start sending you signs to tell you that you are going through changes. In this case, it's my scalp! My scalp have decided to retaliate by giving me dandruff and started to get oily. My hair condition has always been healthy, thick, strong, full of volume and a balance mix of black and few white strands( age is catching up..yes ). I have always been using salon shampoos and conditioners until I decided to switch to more natural based products. I was persuaded by a lovely sales person to try this product as I was looking solutions for my scalp. Yes, I fell for it and decided to give it a try. I was recommended to use PEELING SHAMPOO OILY, as I need to tackle the oily part too. I got the leaflet too for their products and all sounds promising. Part of it says:

The entire K.THERAPY has been formulated with water from Zermatt glacier, containing minerals and oligoelements with natural properties that soften and protect the skin, as part of its active ingredients. This water, with its unique combination of minerals, is encapsulated in lecithin liposomes so that they can be released into the deepest layers of the skin and so increase its moisturising power.

What is Dandruff or Desquamation?
Dandruff is irregular flaking of the outer corneum stratum of the scalp, accompanied by light itching without signs of inflammation. There are many possible causes for this problem, but the most common is an abnormal imbalance in microbial flora.

The main components and active ingredients are:
  • OCTOPIROX, a molecule of proven efficiency against dandruff together with the purifying properties of rosemary extract and sandalwood extract, which clean and tone the scalp at the same time as removing the dandruff flakes and preventing their reappearance.
  • Sweet-scented fragrance with essential oil of rosemary.
  • Water from the Zermatt glacier
  • Tested under dermatological control
My experience:
I have been using this shampoo for almost a month now and think it's about the right time to give a review. The shampoo is in mid consistency, with slight tinge of pink. I only use about the size of 50cents and it lathers rather quickly once I use it on my hair. ( Please note that should your shampoo lathers a lot, it means the product do contain sodium laureth sulfate which falls under the category of surfactant,
cleansing agent or emulsifying agent ). I find that my hair is rather harsh after rinsing and decided to add my own conditioner at my hair ends to calm it. Upon towelling it dry, my hair is still dry, squeky clean..or very very harsh. I have decided to add another coat of my leave on conditioner to see what happens. It tamed a bit though. Other than the harshness, I like the smell. It smells therapeutic-ly Rosemary! It's been almost a month now and I do noticed that my dandruff problem have been reduced but no change to my oily scalp. On top of it, the shampoo makes my hands very dry and I dun like this one bit.

Overall:
I will rate this 3 out of 5. It did work on my dandruff and I like the therapeutic smell but it didn't work for my oily scalp, harsh hair and my hands. I will probably look for another shampoo once I've finished using this.

1 comment:

  1. Curious, at the end of the day what shampoo (& conditioner) do you feel you prefer for daily use?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...