Tuesday 28 June 2011

Review: Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil

Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil 20ml RM 66.00

Recently, I have been fascinated by oils, be it essential oils or carrier oils, ever since I had my MVO Anti Aging Oil. When I got hold of my MVO Oil, I start to do a research on the web to have a better understanding of how each properties of the oil can benefit your skin. I can tell you that I am simply amazed. Among the oils, one really stand out for me is Rosehip Oils. The benefits certainly stood out from the rest and seemed suitable to what I am looking for. To me, it's like an all-rounder oil, which is skin regeneration oil.

Rose hip seed oil contains vitamins E, A, C, and omega 3 essential fatty acids. It is the topical vitamin A (retinoic acid) that is thought to be responsible for the regenerating effects of rose hips oil on aging skin.

These are the benefits of pure rose hip oil:
  • Balances the skins natural oil, normalizing both oily and dry skin types. 
  • Fades age spots, acne scars, and other types of hyper pigmentation in the skin.
  • Will soften and flatten raised scars and prevents the formation of keloids and stretch marks.
  • Reduces the appearance of fine lines around the mouth and eyes. 
  • Helps burns to heal without scarring, including radiation burns.
  • Its anti-inflammatory properties make it useful in relieving eczema.
  • It is suitable for those with sensitive skin.
  • It is easily absorbed by the skin and does not clog the skin unlike many moisturisers.
    Rosehip oil is packed with several nutrients that are beneficial for the skin. These include: Topical trans retinoic acid (Vitamin A) - may help with skin that has been dehydrated as well oily skin. In the synthetic form it is known as Retinol but Rosehip oil may produce all the same beneficial results as Retinol but it does not appear to have any of the side effects that the drug has.
    Linoleic acid- an omega-6 fatty acid with assists in preserving a natural barrier with the environment.
    Oleic acid- improves overall skin condition and suppleness and is an omega-9 fatty acid.
    Linolenic acid- this softens and moisturises the skin and is an omega-3 fatty acid.
    Beta carotene - a skin antioxidant that may reduce signs of premature ageing.
    Lycopene - antioxidation properties.
    In addition, Rosehips are claimed to have higher levels of vitamin C than many of the citrus family and traditionally were used in syrups, jams and teas. The vitamin C is mainly found in the shell of the fruit whereas the other nutrients tend to concentrate in the seed.

    Caution: Oil of rose hips can make your skin more sensitive to sunburn. Avoid applying it to exposed areas during daylight hours if you will be spending time outdoors or have very fair skin.

Trilogy Certified Rosehip Oil
I was torn between Trilogy Rosehip Oil and Garden of Eden Scar Serum when I was looking for an effective alternative to heal my scars and I chose the latter. When I was almost done with my Garden of Eden Scar Serum, I am keen to try out this 'much raved' oil. Here is what Trilogy have to say about their product:
Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil has been clinically tested and shown to help minimise the appearance of wrinkles, smooth skin and dramatically improve skin moisture levels, leaving the skin's appearance radiant and glowing. This lightweight, non-greasy, golden oil contains Omega 3, 6 & 9, essential fatty acids and antioxidants to restore optimum skin health.

It's ideal for scars, stretch marks and wrinkles.
My Experience
I have been using this oil mostly at night for well over a month plus, together with my MVO Anti Aging Oil Plus. The oil is light orange in colour and it is not as heavy compared to the Garden of Serum. Like I said earlier, this oil acts as a moisturizing booster with my MVO oil, using only 2 drops. I like that this oil absorbs well to my skin and doesn't leave your skin feeling oily unlike other carrier oils. I love it that my face is always supple, hydrated and well rested in morning. I've noticed that my skin tone is even now and do look brighter. ( I am also using my Skin Lightening Serum as well, so perhaps this do 'boost' up my skin tone.) When using this oil, I don't need my moisturiser anymore as this oil is really moisturizing enough for me.
The results after a month plus of using this oil is really amazing. I believe that combining this oil with my MVO Anti aging Oil greatly improves my skin. My skin is not dehydrated anymore and somehow, balances my skin. This is an excellent moisturizing oil for me that always keeps my cheeks feeling soft!
Besides using this oil on my face, I also use this in replacement to my scar serum. Sometimes, I would apply topically on my scars and even at my stretch marks area, or I would combine with my Weleda Pomegranate Oil for my body. I do see that my scars are slighty lightened, though I can't say that only this oil alone contributed it. I am sure my Garden of Eden Scar Serum and Pomegranate oil did help it too.
However, I use this oil on my hubby too, who have slight oily skin with acne scars. I think his results are more obvious than mine because he told me that his face is more even tone, looking healthier and his acne scars are minimized! Though he always detest at night before I apply the oil to his face, I know deep down, he is liking the results!
Overall
I believe this oil is a staple in my routine. It gives great result and it is inexpensive, comparing to other big skincare brands. It is an excellent moisturizing oil that works really well for my dehydrated skin. Not only that it benefits my face, it helps in lightening my scars too. I love it that this oil is an all rounder for me that I have to give a rating of 5 out of 5. Highly recommended! So far, I can only see Trilogy products being available in Vitacare pharmacies and most of the time, the rosehip oil is fastest to fly out of the shelves. I am happy to see that more are appreciating the wonders of this oil.
This item was purchased by me for my personal purposes. This review is based on my honest and personal experience with this product and is not influenced by any parties.

7 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been doing some research on rosehip oil and got to your blog. Can I ask if you have any scars on your face and if yes, what kinds of scars are they? Are they depressed scars or discolouration? I do have one depressed scar on my face and I am trying to see it there's anything I can do to improve its appearance without spending a bomb on cosmetic laser. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! :D

    My scars are old acne scars with discolouration. I've use rosehip oil on my husband, who have depressed scars. After using it for a month or so, he mentioned that the appearance of the scars are much smaller.

    To speed up the process, one needs to have a proper weekly exfoliation to slough off old skin so that the oils can penetrate better.

    However, bear in mind that using natural alternative as treatments takes a longer period of time to see the results. Should you prefer this option, be prepared to give more than 6 months( or more ) to see the results.

    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of rosehip seed oil! I love that it has both vitamins A and C. It's a wonderful anti-aging oil. I've never tried the Trilogy version, although I would love to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Victoria! Totally agree that rosehip oil is a great anti-aging oil. I have since moved on from Trilogy, and started to buy cold-pressed rosehip oil straight from suppliers...it's much cheaper!

      Delete
  4. hi is it safe for 1 year old? im thinking using it for my daughter scar on her face..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anhaara! Hmm...I am really not sure abt it, though in general, oils are pretty much natural. Perhaps you may want to do a patch test on other area of her skin to test her suitability.

      Delete
  5. Hi I am looking for Rose Hip syrup for consumption to boost immune system, do you have the product?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...