Monday 13 June 2011

Review: Esmeria Prickly Pear Protective Shower Gel

( On the left ) Esmeria Prickly Pear Protective Shower Gel 250ml RM 29

I came to know about Esmeria Organics sometime in March and I was very eager to try their products. I was contemplating to buy their skincare range but since they were relatively new in the market, I decided to wait for more reviews before I make the decision. So I settled for their body care instead. So far, I have tried their shampoo, and shower gel from their baby and kids range, Buds. So, did it went well for me?




Background

Esmeria Organics is the first Malaysian Ecocert certified skincare brand, which uses advanced bio actives for results. Their aim is believing that more consumers should have access to greener and safer personal care products that are also eco-friendly and affordable.

Now, we all know that organic products tend to be expensive and it's good that we have found an affordable range, right here in our own soil.

Ingredients
Aqua/water, decyl glucoside, aloe barbedensis leaf juice*, sodium cocoyl glutamate, coco glucoside, glyceryl oleate, xanthan gum, opuntia ficus-indica stem (prickly pear) extract*, glycerin, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, tocopherol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*

My Experince

I started using this once I was done with the Buds for Kids Lavender Shower Gel. Ironically, both products are almost identical in terms of colour and scent. I had check the bottle again to make sure I was using the new one! Seriously, I feel that there are not much changes from the kids shower gel, except this one foams a little more. Generally, it cleans rather decently and doesn't dry my skin at all. However, this product share the same dislike that I had while using the kids shower gel. The smell doesn't last at all and once I step out of the shower, I can only faintly smell the scent on my body.

Overall

I do feel more comforted knowing that I am using a product that are not heavily laden with chemicals that are harmful to my skin. Plus, it cleans decently and leave my skin feeling comforted. Therefore, this product gets a 3 out of 5. The cons is that the scent doesn't last and the price is slightly more than the kids range, considering that they do share almost identical ingredients.

This item was purchased by me for my personal purposes. This review is based on my honest and personal experience with this product and is not influenced by any parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...