Monday 15 July 2013

Types of Masques and Usage for Sensitive, Dry, Dehydrated Skin.


Image from source 

I am an advocate for hydration masques and firmly believe it makes a whole lot of difference to your skin condition if you incorporate them in your weekly skincare regime. Hydration, I believe, is the key to flawless skin. Back in 2011, my skin was not at it's best. It has lost the luster, the glow and though I had my regular facials, my skin was still dry and dehydrated. My skin tone was uneven, dull and my pigmentation grew 'darker'.

I decided then, I want a total change, both in my skincare products and routine. I started to incorporate in facial oils, serums, facescreen and exploring different types of masques. This change, has brought many surprises to many, even my facial therapist, stating that my skin looked so much better. The hydration is back...the glow too!

In these two years, amongst the routines and products, there are two from each group that gave me significant results. One was topical Vitamin C and another, diligent use of masques. These two has never failed me. For me personally, no amount of expensive serums or oils, can replace these two. That is why in this post, I am sharing with you simple, yet effective types of hydration masques that worked so well for me. Oh, and don't forget to exfoliate your face first before the masques!


1) Leave on and rinse masques.

This is the easiest, hassle free and convenient type of mask available in the market. Early of the year, I was a frequent user of Dermalogica's Skin Hydrating Masque. It works well on me and it is gentle enough to use around my eye area. However ( in December 2012 ), I was told that they change the formula and added 'dimethicone'. Since then, I have moved on to another brand...

2) Fast and easy masque.

In this category, for me, it will be the Lotion Masque. I experimented this technique by Chizu Saeki, and use this at least 2 times a week. Just soak some hydrating lotion ( in my case Hada Labo ) on some soaked cotton pads/ paper sheet mask and leave it on for only 3 minutes. Remove the cotton pads/ sheet mask and follow up with your regular oils or serums. This is a fast and quick 'pick me up' on days where I am most lazy. I find this method is a very good way to sooth sunburns and bring instant hydration back on parched or tanned skin.

3) Natural all rounder masque.

This would be the Yoghurt Masque. This mask is excellent for hydration, lightening of skin ( in a safe way ) and helps against acne. Yoghurt is also recommended by some doctors for soothing and re-hydrating eczema prone skin. Yoghurt is not only easily available, it is also a good mask base, should you want to add honey or oatmeal. The only downside is, it expires rather quickly and smells.

4) Overnight hydration masque.

I have just discovered Kiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque recently and at this point in time, I think it is safe to say it has taken over the place of Dermalogica's Skin Hydrating Masque. I wasn't in love with it in the beginning stages but with time, it heightens my moisture level of my skin, making my skin very supple. Using this, my pores looked smaller and it does give the glow to my skin, making it looked healthier. Though it says to put it overnight, I find this works well, even if you leave on for an hour or so and rinse off.

Even though all these masques had given me great, healthier and supple skin, I wouldn't be able to achieve that stage if not for DILIGENCE and PATIENCE. Diligent in incorporating masques in my daily skincare regime and patience in seeing results. In the beginning stages, I think I was crazily doing masques everyday because my skin was so parched. My routine was:

Mon-Leave and rinse mask > Tues-Lotion Mask > Wed-Yoghurt Mask > Thurs-Lotion Mask > Fri-Leave and rinse > Sat-Yoghurt Mask > Sun-Rest.

My current routine:

Mon-Hydrating Masque > Tues-Rest > Wed- Lotion Mask > Thurs-Rest > Fri-Overnight Hydrating Masque > Sat-Lotion Mask > Sun-Rest
 

1 comment:

  1. i have oily hair.please give me suggest best shampoo?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...