Monday 18 April 2011

News: Just what organic means?

I found this interesting article about what organic means. I find it worth reading as many of us are rather confused with the terms. I, for one, is at the process of discovering and learning more about it. Below are some quotes that has certainly caught my eye:

  • On a recent visit to branches of major supermarkets, members of staff told me that organic food did not use any fertilisers or pesticides at all. One said the organic label meant food had not been genetically modified. Only one gave the correct information, saying organic food is grown with "less chemicals".
  • He advocates the listing of permissible chemicals and additives on packaging. "Consumers should be fully informed about what they are purchasing, especially when they are having to pay a higher price," he says.
Click HERE to find out more about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...