Sunday 17 April 2011

It all started with my skin

Generally, when I was growing up, I have very good complexion, often receiving numerous compliments from everyone. I am blessed with smooth, fair skin and with rare acne occurrence. Things started to change when I hit 30 where I noticed light pigmentation on my skin and rather sensitive to the sun. However, my pores were at a normal size. I am in my mid 30's and noticed rather drastic changes in my skin condition in 5 years time. Now I have:

  • Combination skin, mostly very dry on both my cheeks with slight oiliness on forehead and nose area. I have a long dissatisfaction with my blackheads, which are accumulated after years of negligence. I have many many facial therapist telling me how stubborn my blackheads are. I think my blackheads were far more worse 5 years back and that was when I first started doing my facials programs.
  • Over the years, I have started to notice that my pores were getting larger near my nose area and that I started to have pigmentations on both my cheeks.
Here I am, dumbstrucked, thinking that I am able to maintain my ( used to ) healthy skin by using good range products with regular face facials. Well, going for facials and maintaining good daily face regime may have slowed down the process at some point..however, I was not pleased with my skin looking dull with uneven tone and most of the problematic conditions I faced written above.

Basically, all of us will go through these stages and as for me, I know that now:
  • my pigmentations will not go away...I will look for safe alternatives( not laser treatments ) to reduce my pigmentations.
  • soften my blackhead areas by weekly exfoliation( hope it helps..)
  • minimizing pore areas by looking for safe serums
  • love my skin with better and safe skincare products 
And lastly, learning to embrace the aging process...

2 comments:

  1. I'm in my late 20's and true, things started to change in my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rae! Sadly, it is true and it's good to take more better care of it. I started this blog, in hope that it will help someone who is experiencing the same problem as me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...