( Picture taken from Clubcorey)
For those who are regulars to my blog do know that I always blog about products ranging from skincare, haircare, bodycare to personal hygiene and seldom..or never about makeup. And I am sure many of you would wonder "Does this woman ever wear makeup at all?"
The answer is : Yes, I do.....Only on weekends or on special occasions...:P
Reason being I am such is that I run my own business from home. Of course, wearing makeup for special occasions do include meeting up with my clients or friends, going for a nice dinner with hubby or attending weddings.
Seeing my need to wearing makeup is only applicable to special occasions would obviously result to: A very limited makeup stash.
I am always in awe with bloggers who have so many chances to try new colours or new makeup products almost all the time. And they have VAST amount of products ranging from brushes, face powders, eyeshadows, lipsticks and blushers.
However, I am a simple girl and my makeup is fairly simple with basic colours too, which I think will last for 365 days! Wanna peek to my makeup 'collection'? Brace yourself.....
Yes...I have 10 items in my makeup bag which I use all the time and they are just perfect for any occcasions. They are:
1. Bobby Brown Concealer with sheer finish loose powder.
2. MAC Face Powder
3. Revlon Custom Eyes Shimmer in Iced Silver.( for highlighting my brows )
4. ZA Eye Shadow in Shimmer Beige and Warm Taupe. ( for day )
5. Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow.( Shimmer Violet, Light Frosty Pink, Mauve, Shimmer Illusoire ) ( for night )
6. MAC Matte Eye Shadow in Typographic. ( for smokey eyes )
7. Lancome Brow Pencil
8. Lancome Liquid Eyeliner in Black.
9. Bobbi Brown Rose Shimmer Brick and Lip Kit. ( for day or night )
10. Chanel Irreelle Blush. ( for day )
Though my stash is unlike others, I am very proud of it as all the items have served me very well as all the colours are flexible and do blend in well with each other. My eyeliner never fails to give a better depth to my eyes and the Rose Shimmer Brick will always give me the dewy fresh look.
I do see and agree that makeup is important to any girl but personally, I don't see myself investing into new eyeshadows, blushers or lipstick so much just because the colour is in season. I like investing on items that are simple, flexible and suited to my face. Keep it simple is more like it...